Sunday, March 7, 2010

white darkness pg. 1-17

I chose this book because it looked interesting and because it was over 300 pages. I read the inside cover of the book before I began to read and it seemed enticing. Those are the reasons i chose to read the White Darkness.

This book is about a named Symone who has little to no friends and she often confides with Titus Oates (an explorer who died exploring the south pole). At first i was kind of confused when she was talking to Titus Oates, I thought that she was physically talking to somebody but it turned out that she was having conversations with him in her head. I didnt really like the first 10 pages because they were rather bland and uninteresting, she mostly talked about her horrible life and she sidetracked from the main plot of the book by talking about how much she d her teachers. Towards the end of this section She and her Uncle board a train for Paris Without Sym's Mother because she forgot her passport. "Its a common mistake," said Uncle Victor, ing open the newspaper. "Lack of organization. Success comes down to getting organized. Keeping your eye on the ball. Think on sym." I think that this part was Interesting and true because if you become unorganized then you will lose or misplace things of importance.

So far i like the book and find it interesting while being funny. Uncle Victor is my favorite character because he is smart and witty, always knowing the answers to anything. I hope that the rest of the book is as good as its been so far.

1 comment:

  1. Good job on this first blog post. It is exactly the combination of opinion and supporting example/quote that I am looking for. Keep it up. I look forward to hearing your further thoughts on the book. If I'm not mistaken, however, you missed your blog post for week #2.

    ReplyDelete